A New Story Birth Center (ANSBC) was created in an effort to provide women with a safe, natural option for childbirth. We have heard countless stories of women that have been wounded in the process of giving birth. While we cannot guarantee anyone an event-free labor and birth, we are passionate about helping you achieve the birth you desire. The mission behind ANSBC is to provide individualized care to clients so that their birth story will be a new story, whether that means you are having your first child or you need healing from a traumatic birth, be assured that our team will be there for you to help you achieve that birth you desire, it’s your story, a new story.
Be prepared to take back your health care! We offer all the current recommended practices during pregnancy and birth but strive to educate you in the process. We encourage you to research your options and determine which direction you choose your health care to proceed. You are in charge and we are here to support you!
Want to be pampered? We have created a spa-like environment that includes spacious birthing rooms equipped with fireplaces, amazing birthing tubs that utilize sound therapy for discomfort, individual sound systems for your personal labor mix, and a gorgeous, private 112-acre parcel of land you can stroll while in labor. We look forward to working with you and your family as your story unfolds.
Do you take my insurance?
- We currently are in-network with Blue Cross Blue Shield, South Country Health Alliance, United Healthcare, Tricare, Health Partners (PMAP plans only), Minnesota Medical Assistance
- Don’t have insurance – we have a cash pay option
Is the birth center licensed and accredited?
- The birth center is licensed by the Minnesota Department of Health and holds a national accreditation from the Commissions for Accrediting Birth Centers
Can I have a breech baby, twins or a vaginal birth after cesarean at the birth center?
- Due to increased risks associated with twins and breech births we are not allowed to deliver under our accreditation
- Vaginal births after cesarean are looked at on an individual basis
- One previous cesarean
- Documented low transverse incision
- Ultrasound documenting location of placenta (away from the previous scar)
Labs and Ultrasounds
- We utilize Quest Diagnostics for lab work and can order an ultrasound in a facility near you
How long do I stay after the baby is born?
- We are licensed as an outpatient facility and you are welcome to stay up to 8 hours after the baby is born
What medication is available at the birth center?
- We do not offer pain medication for labor as we do not want a baby to be born compromised and struggle to breath; we do however have many tips and tricks to help you cope with labor
- We have medications for hemorrhaging
- We have the ability to start an IV if needed
- Antibiotics for group beta strep prophylaxis if desired
- Vitamin K injection for the newborn if desired
- Erythromycin eye ointment for the newborn if desired